Flex provides the real football gameplay that flag players desire, along with the fundamental progression that every tackle player needs. Through the experience, competition, progression, or just plain fun, athletes get what they want from the game with Flex.
Like NFL off-season practices, Flex focuses on fundamentals, football IQ, and physical development, but in the form of gameplay. High-tempo and low impact, it’s a great tool for accessibility and development in the game of football.
Advance with FLEX Football
• Ages 6-12, including girls
• The ideal progression game without tackling
• Learn football’s important fundamentals
• Players wear furnished padded vest and soft helmet, plus flags
• Enjoy the benefits of all Optimist Football programs, including strict adherence to the latest safety guidelines and mandatory training and certification for coaches
The Basics: FLEX
Ages: 6-12, Boys & Girls
Season: March and April
Games: FLEX football games will be played during the week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays, during the month of April, with an end-of-season FLEX tournament May 1.
Practices: In your neighborhood, once a week week (3 practices/week pre-season)
Teams: Boise and surrounding towns
Cost: $125/season; jersey and flags provided
Siblings and friends: join Cheer! Cheer squad is a great opportunity for a sibling of a player, or a friend or neighbor, to be involved with Optimist. Each team can have a squad, and there is guidance and an early-season camp for participants. Cheer squad members practice at the same time and location as the football team, making it easy on families. Cheer squads add to the game-day spirit and perform at halftime. Open to ages 4-12 years.